Wednesday, November 2, 2016

This ruling puts all UK allotments under threat | Sara Jane Trebar

We may have failed to save Save Terrace allotment in Watford from developers, but the battle to protect community spaces across the country will go on

Today at 10.25am our fight to save Farm Terrace allotments ended in defeat. It is a surreal experience to battle to save an allotment site for four years and then find out you have lost and there are no more avenues available.

I was down on Farm Terrace when I got the call. It has been my place of solace for the last eight years. I remember how excited my husband and I were to pick up the keys. I thought he was mad wanting an allotment when we had newborn baby. Within 18 months we were there with our second baby in a sling.

Related: Watford allotment campaigners lose high court battle to save site

Related: Growing together – an allotment picture essay

Continue reading...

from Gardening blog | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2f1CiQG

No comments:

Post a Comment