Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Jaguar I-Pace SVR


Jaguar is a great automaker, but it hasn’t been without turbulence in its past. Somewhere along the way, it lost the spirit and drive that it once had, but redeemed itself when in launched the F-Type back in 2013. Come 2016, and Jaguar has shown off its I-Pace Concept – an SUV that is loosely based on the F-Type but carries along two electric motors and a battery as its primary source of motivation. This all-electric SUV will mark Jaguar’s entry into the small but growing market of cars that don’t require dino juice to get rolling. Jaguar has also announced that its Special Vehicle Operations division will produce an electric vehicle with an SVR badge – yet another first. Rumors have been circling that this will be a sports car, but if SVO really wants to dip into the electric pot, it will have an excellent canvass for its first model: The 2018 I-Pace. The SVR version will naturally be more aggressive on the outside, will feature some unique and race-inspired features inside, and will come with a decent power improvement over the standard I-Pace. And, since the I-Pace is slated to enter the market for 2018, the I-Pace SVR could hit make its debut before the turn of the decade.

There’s also a hidden benefit to using the I-Pace as the canvass for the first SVR-badged electric vehicle. First, the brand can save heavily on the development costs up front by focusing on upgrading the powertrain and making other minor modifications to the I-Pace SUV. Then, once the high-performance SUV is perfected, it can then focus on building its all-electric sports car that can boast the same juiced up powertrain as the I-Pace SVR.

As such, we’ve created a rendering what the I-Pace SVR could look like. So let’s take a good look at the rendering and speculate a little on what SVR will do to improve on the future I-Pace electric SUV.

Continue reading to learn more about the future Jaguar I-Pace SVR.





from Top Speed http://ift.tt/2gO0pFI

No comments:

Post a Comment