Thursday, December 8, 2016

Dark Bloom is out and I’m barely alive.

Hey guys!

WHEW! I am so relieved after launching the new POPFLEX #DARKBLOOM Collection on Wednesday! I am exhausted in every way possible – mentally and physically – but all the hard work the entire Blogifam put in to this resulted in something soooooo magical. As you guys know, I did a huge photoshoot last Friday in the mountains so I want to share some of the BTS with you! I want you to get to know the team and see what goes on behind a single photo. Note that this DEF does NOT happen every time I take pics for IG (usually it’s an iPhone pic) but I wanted to step up my game and inspire you with new sceneries and looks.

Let’s get started, shall we?

So let’s talk about that banner image you saw on the POPFLEX homepage!

dark-bloom-banner-bright-3-smaller

The inspiration behind this photo were fairytales and magic. I have recently gotten into watching Once Upon a Time (I’m only on season 2) and I think it really helped bring out the Regina (evil Queen) in me for this shot! I wanted my crimson red nails to match the apple to match my lips while wearing The Queen’s Coat. 

cassey ho makeup

My amazing friend and celeb makeup artist/hair guru Tiffany made sure the reds were ON POINT.

cassey ho dearco

Look how different iPhone pics look compared to a professional photographer’s photo! The difference is like night an day – LITERALLY. That’s Daniel – he’s a really good photag. He’s just a wizard with the camera.

 

changing tent

In between the hiking to different locations, we set up this pop up changing tent for me. We did 6 locations and 6 outfits. It was also very very windy and cold, so holding up this tent required some real muscle. Or else I would have flown away in the changing tent kite, naked. That would have been bad. Thanks Sam and Leslie for holding down the fort! Can you tell that it was COLD!?

popflex shoot bts

New location. The rocks at the Rock Pools. The entire shoot was done at Malibu Creek State Park – ugh so gorgeous. Doesn’t even feel like LA.

cassey ho popflex

Tiff put my hair into cute braids and I wore my Fairytale Long Sleeve with Cabernet Pop Shorts and these wedge hiking boots from Sorel. (I don’t recommend actually hiking in these boots but they’re cute for walking!) I recently posted this pic on IG and it’s one of my FAVORITES EVER!!! I feel like it’s an Abercrombie ad or something!

cassey cold

Like I said, it was cold. Like REALLY REALLY COLD. Oh and windy…to the point where it sounded that monsters were howling… and then…rocks were falling off the mountain in our direction, making noises that sounded like gunshots!!! SO SCARY. I almost thought I was going to die.

I’m glad I did not. :)

cassey ho side plank
I love this picture. It shows everyone working together in sync. Lexi is the one taking these BTS photos, so imagine she’s right here holding the camera! There were 7 of us total there for this shoot! (I’ll post this pic on IG later.)

headstand

This is Laura – she is a good friend of mine, a professional ballerina and my awesome stretch coach! We stretched together 3x or more a week for an hour to an hour and a half in order to increase my flexibility and core balance. We did A LOT of pose training for this shoot. I can’t wait to show you more of my poses – but I’m wearing some pieces that won’t be released til Jan and still need to be perfected…so…I gotta keep it a secret and we’re all just gonna have to wait!

the crew

BIG BIG thank you to the entire Blogifam for being with me on this shoot. You guys are amazing and clearly, none of this would have been possible without the teamwork of the amazing souls right here in this photo. From L to R, it’s Lexi, Laura, Sam, Daniel, me, Tiffany, and Leslie!

After this shoot, we were all so tired…freezing…exhausted…but we shared dinner in a cabin in the mountains. It was quite lovely. Then the following Saturday and Sunday, I died. I couldn’t even move my arms from all the posing we did. It was really hard to put up a ponytail on my head. I had to lay to do it!!! Hahaha.

Then on Monday, it was time for the e-commerce shoot!

img_4399_2048x2048

This time the roles flipped and I was BEHIND the camera, directing and model coaching. Never thought I’d be doing model coaching but I’ve learned a few things in my day to make anyone look good on camera! (As the model coach from my Hot Body Year Round  book cover shoot once told me, ARCH ARCH ARCH YOUR BACK AND TIPPY TOES PLEASE!!!!!) I swear your lower back and your calves will be sore for DAYS. It is no joke.

The pics all turned out so stunning. You’ll be seeing a lot of these ladies – Gracie, Kassia, and Taylor! Their BTS photoshoot blog post can be seen here. It’s a fun read!

untitled-1_2048x2048

Thank you guys for your feedback always. Remember that survey you participated in a few months ago? 40,000 of you filled it out!!!

You openly shared your bra size, your top size, your bottom size, your height and helped us create the perfect fit for the clothes…and drum roll please…YOU HELPED US EXTEND OUR SIZE RANGE. We now go up to size 16 because of you!!! SO BIG THANK YOU for your feedback! I am ALWAYS reading and listening.

This is a REALLY BIG deal for me and for POPFLEX because the plus size market is not well represented, if at all, in the activewear industry. Lululemon only goes up to size 12. Nike, Adidas, and Athleta only go up to XL. ALO Yoga goes up to Large. These are HUGE multibillion dollar companies. They could have made the change if they wanted to. But they did not.

Here’s a ALO Yoga’s size range:

bra large

Lululemon offers up to size 12:

screen-shot-2016-12-08-at-7-45-46-pm

In under 1 year, little baby out-of-the-womb POPFLEX has already made the size extension because YOU, our fans, our POPsters, asked for it. And guess what? I am here to SERVE YOU so it was a no brainer to do this. But I will tell you it was an extremely challenging process getting to understand the physical female body at all sizes and shapes, and the way it moves in regards to clothing. We did a lot of “torture tests” on the clothes to make sure they could withstand the “Squat Test” and the “Boob Jiggle Test.”

screen-shot-2016-12-08-at-7-35-27-pm

So thank you guys. You have no idea how much your feedback, good or bad, means to me. I read EVERYTHING. But I’m not just listening. I’m implementing – taking action.

Anyway, random rant on sizing there! This was meant to be a BTS post. Haha. I will do a whole ‘nother blog post or maybe even vlog on sizes at another point and really get into it.

What do you guys think of the new Dark Bloom Collection? I hope you love it! Let me know in the comments below!

love-cassey-transparent-150px



from Blogilates http://ift.tt/2hcv5im

No comments:

Post a Comment