Thursday, January 19, 2017

20 Things I learned in my 20s

happy bday

Hey guys!

I’ve officially been 30 for 3 days! How does it feel?

EXACTLY THE SAME.

In fact, I feel as energetic and as youthful inside as I did in college…except, in my personal opinion, I think I look better! And I am a lot wiser. Well, as wise as a 30 year old can be!

When I was a kid, I used to think I’d fall in love at 16, be married by 25 and have kids at 30. Thanks Disney movies.

Yes I am in love, but I am not married, and my kids are my businesses – so that’s a lot right now!

Today’s post will be a reflective one. I am thankful for every day that I get to live to see the next day, while being able to make cool things happen. Here are 20 things I learned in my 20s – in no particular order.

  1. Love is not finding someone you can live with. It’s finding someone you can’t live without.
  2. Follow your passion no matter what anyone says.
  3. Do more of what makes you happy and less of what doesn’t.
  4. Your friends are a reflection of who you are.
  5. There is no such thing as the perfect diet.
  6. There is no such thing as a perfect body.
  7. It’s ok to fail. 
  8. You can’t trust everyone.
  9. If it feels wrong, it probably is.
  10. Confidence is more beautiful than external beauty.
  11. Never stop learning.
  12. Having too much ego will be your downfall.
  13. Every person has a back story. Try to understand them before you judge.
  14. Everything is possible, and you must never give up.
  15. Time is priceless. Don’t waste it.
  16. Give, give, give without expectation. And you shall receive.
  17. Being nice gets you way farther than being mean.
  18. Business isn’t about money. It’s about relationships.
  19. Your parents are people too and they are not perfect. 
  20. Don’t be afraid to quit your job.

I think I could probably type up 100 more, but I’ll save that for another time.

I’m such a different person today than who I was when I was graduating college. It’s so interesting, because at every stage in my life (except at my 1st corporate job) I always felt super confident. My peers called me arrogant, but I think that’s what you get for being a “girl boss”. If a guy is “arrogant” he’s just being confident.

ANYWAY!

Confidence is what got me to where I am today. If I didn’t believe in myself, who would? You gotta believe in who you are, what you’re meant to do, and you just have to go for it. Don’t be afraid to fail. If you do, all you have to do is get up and try again. The thing is, if you don’t take any risk in life, your reward will not be grand. You’ve got to be bold!!! Don’t be scared!

With that said, I want to share with you pics from my bday party this weekend! My sis flew down and helped us prep the house for a party! I’ve been SLOWLY interior decorating over the past 3.5 years since I moved down to LA and I’ve never had a proper house warming. So when we decided to have the party at home, I went into a frenzy and bought furniture, decor, and curtains like a madwoman.

The whole weekend was “prom committee” central. Sam and I were building furniture, nailing and screwing things to the wall, while my sister was making crazy balloon arch creations from Pinterest. She even stopped by the LA Flower Market at 6AM to get fresh flowers (and baby pineapples) for the party. IT WAS SERIOUS.

Here’s how it all turned out!

construction

Low temperature hot glue gun is what’s holding the balloons together.

baby pineapples

I have a pen. I have an apple. Oooh! AH! Pineapple pen!

outdoor furniture

Bought outdoor furniture and a fire pit. I am so adult.

balloon arch

Night time vibes. Waiting for guests to arrive.

sister pic

So we’ll take pics while we wait.

jason chen phil wang cassey ho

People started arriving and we made them wear hats. It’s Phil and Jason! We’re unicorns obviously.

lilly ro

Rosanna and Lilly! Missing Justine and Lindsey to round out the #RoyalSquad :P

cassey's bday party

TRAIN IS COMING!!!

kurt connect 4

Sam and Kurt playing mega Connect 4. Kurt wanted to play “blindfolded.” No, really.

sam jenga

Sam concentrating hard at big Jenga.

blowing candles
Can you believe my sister made this Matcha Green Tea Mille Cake? It was 40 layers thick!! AHHH I LOVE MATCHA!

green tea matcha mille cake

One of the most tedious cakes EVER. But so so YUMMY!!! If you want to make a healthy (and delish) version of this cake, check out my CHEAP CLEAN EATS Matcha Crepe Cake recipe here.

I am so grateful that my friends were able to make it out on a Sunday night and celebrate with me. I feel so lucky to have all of them in my life. Each one, so kind, talented and inspiring.

And thank you to YOU for reading this blog post and being with me on this journey into the land of 30. I wonder what things I’ll learn over the next 10 years…

Love you so much!

love-cassey-new-signature-3-1



from Blogilates http://ift.tt/2jA9Fiy

No comments:

Post a Comment