Thursday, September 22, 2016

'Big up Monty D': what young people think about gardening

Jack Wallington, community director of The Student Room, asked five hundred millennials what they think of gardening, careers in horticulture and Monty Don. Here’s what they had to say

When I was a lad, I was happiest gardening in my parents’ cottage garden. Then life happened: university, career, relationships, clubbing, rental property after rental property. Gardening took a back seat until I came back to it in my mid-thirties on finally buying my first home with a tiny urban garden in Clapham.

Recently there’s been a great effort to excite young people about gardening and to encourage them to consider a career in horticulture. The RHS is reported to be rebranding specifically to appeal to youth.

Continue reading...

from Gardening blog | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2d77rVM

No comments:

Post a Comment