Tuesday, September 27, 2016

How to keep chickens in the garden

Thinking of raising chickens in your garden? Here’s Tom Smart’s beginners’ guide to starting out as a backyard hen keeper

There are days when I imagine myself as a smallholder. In my mind, I own a farm with old, stone walls and a red tiled roof. Around my perfect little farm the countryside rolls away in hues of amber and green. Near the house there’s a walled vegetable garden with rich, weed-free soil. In this perfect dream it is always summer – the days are long and lush and last forever. Just thinking of it now makes me let out a wistful sigh.

But I know that there’s one glaring problem with this mental picture: I’m delusional.

Continue reading...

from Gardening blog | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2dp8twR

No comments:

Post a Comment