Sunday, June 4, 2017

Why I’m no longer ashamed of crying

I’m an emotional person. When I’m happy, I jump up and down, clap like a seal, and cry.  When I’m upset, my body starts to shake, my voice quivers, and I cry.  When I’m grateful, I smile and get glassy-eyed until I cry.  

I used to hate the fact that I showed too much emotion around people. But especially in business. My dad always told me that my emotions would get in the way of my success as an entrepreneur…that people wouldn’t take me seriously if I cried during a meeting or negotiation. Makes sense…

But…

I don’t cry in meetings or negotiations. I’m not fragile when it comes to situations where I know exactly what I want and what I need to do to get it. Reality has proven that my emotions have helped me succeed in business because it’s taught me to follow my heart.

Outside of business though…I cannot hold back the tears! It’s nothing to be ashamed of though because I’ve come to understand that emotions are a beautiful and very necessary part of the human experience. Tears are the liquid droplets of my soul that you get to see when I’m FEELING. 

Crying doesn’t mean I’m weak, it means I’m strong enough to share with you my vulnerability.

So if any of you out there are criers too – embrace it. It’s part of you! And it’s better than not feeling at all! Anyway, here’s a picture of me smiling and NOT crying because that’s a good look for me. 😉 Any criers out there? 



from Blogilates http://ift.tt/2qW1VqF

No comments:

Post a Comment