Saturday, June 3, 2017

I have a soft body. So what?

No matter how proud I am of my fitness achievements, there’s always someone that will say “Not to be rude but why is Cassey still fat after all these years of working out? She looks bulky and has rolls.”

I’m not writing this so you can tell me to “ignore the haters” because I don’t think this person is a hater. I think this person is genuinely asking why I’m not stick thin or ultra muscly like all the other trainers out there. And the truth is, I ask myself this all the time. If most people did what I did workout wise and eating wise, they would probably be stick thin or ultra muscly.

But not me. I have a soft body.

But I’m accepting that because my body is so much more than a loud billboard. My body is a novel with an intricate story.

I’ve been there – skinny and toned. But I was miserable. I could not function at my optimal levels in other areas of my life. So today, I choose to be happy with this body while being happy with the all the other cool things I’m getting to accomplish in business, relationships and creativity. My body is so much more than how it looks. I love my body for what it CAN DO.

And for anyone thinking that I’m making an excuse for my soft body, NOPE. I’m still working everyday to get stronger. My body is simply a result of the work, not the goal…and hey, nothing’s over til I die, so I’ll keep trying new things until that day comes!

Please remember that EVERY BODY IS DIFFERENT! There is no one right way to lose fat or gain muscle. We’re all formulated differently. It’s in our genes! So each of our prescriptions for diet and exercise will be different.

What I can say though is that I don’t count calories anymore and I surely don’t spend more than an hour working out a day. Sometimes it’s only 28 minutes! And I FEEL. GOOD. POWERFUL. UNSTOPPABLE.

If you’re looking for something new to challenge your body and mind with – try PIIT28 or get certified as a POP Pilates Instructor. I hope one of these programs can help you guys find what works for you! Remember to love your body and never stop working hard! Love you so much!



from Blogilates http://ift.tt/2sqosxQ

No comments:

Post a Comment