Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Why did I change the Blogilates logo?

Hey guys!

Soooo you probably came to the blog today and was like huh, wait when did this happen???

Well we were building out this entire design for the past several months! But the real question is, DO YOU LOVE IT!!???

I’m honestly SO SO SO SO PROUD of the new look of the blog. (Big thank you to Blogidoggy’s mama Victoria for designing the art!) It kinda feels like I moved into a new house with cool new custom-designed furniture!

Introducing the brand new Blogilates logo!

AHHHH!!! I feel like we’re growing up!

The cursive logo you’ve been used to seeing since 2009 was made while I was doodling in my college Marketing class.

Back in the day, I didn’t really know how to use Photoshop or Illustrator like I do now, so I gave it to my friend’s boyfriend who was a graphic designer to help vectorize it!

I can’t believe I am saying this, but vintage Blogilates logo is 9 years old! WHAT! A lot has changed in that time. There was literally no such thing as Instagram back then, and Facebook was only for college students. Everyone DID NOT have a smartphone. No one even knew what an “app” was.

Times have changed.

Over the past 9 years, I’ve grown a lot. Blogilates has grown a lot. But the Blogilates logo never really changed. So this year, in 2018, I wanted the color and the look of Blogilates to evolve with me. So we matured the hot pink to a soothing and more sophisticated shade of coral. And we cleaned up the cursive to a minimalistic sans serif.

And that <|3 heart thing! I don’t know if you can tell but it comes from how I used to sign off on my early blog posts with “<3 Cassey”. So now that heart is forever with me.

In fact…I’m honestly so obsessed with the new logo and site that I got my nails done to match!

Kinda much? Ha! Who cares. Gotta live life colorful and to the fullest. And to me that means matching my nails to my entire existence. Hahahaha. love you guys so much!

The post Why did I change the Blogilates logo? appeared first on Blogilates.



from Blogilates http://ift.tt/2qPB5Gd

No comments:

Post a Comment