Friday, May 19, 2017

Shhh! Quiet in the garden please

Quiet Garden Movement host Tina Jefferies reflects on the benefits of opening up her garden to visitors seeking a chance to connect with nature

Tuning in to the quiet of a garden is a powerful antidote to a noisy, busy life. For many years of my working life, I have supported people with heavy commitments and pressured lives. Offering them the quiet of a peaceful natural environment can encourage people to de-stress, step back, and focus on new perspectives.

In 2011, a friend suggested that what I was doing with my garden was akin to what the Quiet Garden Movement had being doing in the UK since 1992: I decided to find out more. Member hosts of the movement make their gardens available through the year for restful, reflective refreshment and warm hospitality. Realising my garden needn’t be manicured, of sizeable acreage, or clinging to an isolated hillside, my Sanctum Quiet Garden became affiliated to this wonderful network of special gardens in June of the same year.

Continue reading...

from Gardening blog | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2pZrY0I

No comments:

Post a Comment