Monday, May 22, 2017

A lil YOLO ain’t gonna hurt nobody


Hey guys! 

I’m currently in Tokyo right now on a layover from Singapore to LA! I just downloaded the WordPress App on my phone in hopes that it can help me blog more frequently while on the go. It’s something I’m REALLY trying to work on!

I used to blog 7x a week a few years ago and now I’m lucky if I get 1 in a week. I think with the expanse of social media, releasing content on several platforms a day has become very taxing. In many ways, IG has become my new mini blog but it’s only because it’s “easier” to write captions and get quick thoughts out. The problem is…the IG follower is not typically a reader type! They’re usually more visual! So I really do want to share my personal thoughts here on the blog as much as possible.

And so far…I’m loving the app!! Currently about 8 minutes into using it FYI.

I’m sitting at the airport trying to sneak in a post before I get on the plane and I think I can do this all from my phone! 👍 Oh look I can use emojis!!!

Anyway, eating clean during travels has ALWAYS been hard for me for many reasons.

  1. It feels like a vacation so I want to eat everything.
  2. I can’t cook so options are limited.
  3. When you’re out with people, it’s hard to limit your diet around temptations.
  4. I nah never be back! So I’ve got to try the local food!

For these reasons and for the reason of truly experiencing life, I’ve officially decided that if I’m traveling I’m not going to be strict with my diet! Boom! Easy as that!

Honestly, if I eat some ice cream for dessert or some extra fried whatevers for appetizers, I’ll deal. My body isn’t stupid. It knows how to bounce back. It’s not like I’m eating fatty, sugary things only for the rest of my life. It’s just the trip! And the thing is – as long as I know that it is MY CHOICE to enjoy, then it is also MY CHOICE to not feel guilty.

If you have a complicated relationship with food, it’s not going to be as easy as I just described above. Trust me, it took me a couple years of trying to break out of “food jail” until I felt freedom eating whatever I wanted. One step at a time. 

Remember that you control the food.

The food does not control you.

So anyway, those matcha milkshakes above…WORTH IT!!! But I totally have pimples on my face today – less than 12 hours after I ate that! Haha crazy. My skin reacts fast. But hey, I’m not going to get down on myself for that. I know I’m lactose intolerant. I know dairy makes me break out. But I made the conscious decision to enjoy my shake and I made the conscious decision to not feel bad about it.

My skin will clear up in a few days. No worries 😉 



from Blogilates http://ift.tt/2qNLWwo

No comments:

Post a Comment