Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Ecstasy in the garden: how I found my visual umami

What is it that makes the heart soar in the garden? Charlie Hart thinks he has found the answer

One thing I miss from my time living in London is the ability to celebrate life’s triumphs (or commiserate its occasional troughs) by having delicious food delivered to your door. Hassle-free calories are one of life’s supreme luxuries.

I remember with crystal clarity one evening eating sushi. My wife wasn’t drinking, so I was casting around for something that didn’t require opening a bottle of wine. I had some posh whiskey stashed in a cupboard from Christmas and I thought - why not? It was a legendary pairing that left an explosion of flavour and fullness in my mouth; a sort of ecstatic brimming over.

Continue reading...

from Gardening blog | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2dWlzOX

No comments:

Post a Comment