Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Zenvo TS-1 GT Is The Anniversary Supercar Of Our Dreams


Every year, there are always a handful of cars that debut at the Geneva Motor Show that somehow end up as wallpaper in people’s smartphones. I should know because last year, the Lamborghini Centenario occupied prime real estate space in mine. This year, a number of front-runners have emerged, and one of them is the Zenvo TS-1 GT, a commemorative, limited edition model that was developed to celebrate the Danish automaker’s 10th anniversary. And dear Lord, it looks downright amazing to the point that I’m torn on what I like best about the car.

I could point to the way it looks, even if not much of it has changed in recent years. I just think that the ST1 remains one of the most underrated supercars in terms of design and I’m willing to wager that I’m not the only one who has this sentiment. But the TS1 GT is something else entirely different. Maybe it’s the exclusive Fjord Blue paint finish that has made my knees weak. The color is certainly loud, but there’s also a semblance of grace in it. The copper and bronze accenting stripes are also smooth touches because they clash beautifully with the flamboyant exterior color.

I could also point to the fact that the body is made purely of carbon-fiber or the excess in aerodynamic components. And if I’m being honest, there’s something oddly appealing about the instrument surrounds in the interior being made from copper and rhodium. Zenvo says that the interior of the car takes roughly 8,000 man hours to finish. That’s literally 333 days, which is an absurdly long time until you see what the finished product looks like.

Whatever it is about the Zenvo TS1 GT that has me kneeling at its altar, I can say that the supercar deserves all of the accolades it gets. And I haven’t even talked about what it’s capable of.

Speaking of which…

Continue after the jump to read the full story.





from Top Speed http://ift.tt/2mCkodo

No comments:

Post a Comment