Thursday, August 24, 2017

So ummm…this happened!!!

So if you’ve been following me on Instagram, I kinda just announced the biggest thing that has ever happened to me. Guys! I got engaged on Kauai to the love of my life! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! I AM A FIANCÉ NOW!

You’re probably thinking, “Wait whaaaa….you…were…in a relationship?” It’s okay. I meant to keep it private. It took everyone by surprise…like everyone…even COSMO!??!?!?!?

Before I get into the romantic proposal story, I just have to say that when Sam and I were Ubering home from LAX, we got a notification for this article, and when we opened it up – we just about DIED laughing.

First, at the fact that we were important enough for Cosmo to write an article about, and then secondly – I mean THAT HEADLINE. It is golden. Just golden. The Uber driver probably thought we were lunatics. We were CRYING. DYING. We couldn’t breathe.

Sam and I got engaged on August 16, 2017 in Kauai and I kept it a secret from you guys until the 22nd. Sam chose the 16th because it is my favorite number. And now, as I am writing this, I just realized that we announced ourselves publicly as a couple on the 22nd…which is Sam’s favorite number!

Though I never officially shared Sam with you guys, if you look carefully, he’s actually been in quite a few on my YouTube videos! POP Songs in Real Life and Train Like a Beast, Look Like  Beauty Workout just to name a couple. We kept our relationship private because as a “public figure”, there are just some things you need to save for yourself. To me, love is very precious, and I did not want to put our relationship or Sam in a place of constant judgement. We needed to purely and genuinely develop our relationship without the pressure of followers, likes, and comments etc.

I actually had trouble writing the engagement announcement caption because in a way, I almost felt like I had been hiding a secret from you guys. I didn’t want you to be mad because you guys pretty much know EVERYTHING about me – except for my dating life. It took me an hour to write the IG caption and when I posted it, my heart was racing. Was my biggest moment going to be ruined by people being upset that I was hiding something from them?

Thank you Nicole for saying that. It made me feel a lot less anxious! And not that this matters AT ALL, but our engagement announcement is the highest liked thing in the entire history of the entire Blogilates Instagram!

I think the highest liked post I’ve ever had like before this was around 64k. I got into the mid-50s with Taylor Swift. But this? THIS comes to show that people really love LOVE. Sam and I are so happy that you guys are celebrating with us. THANK YOU. I cannot wait to share more stories about our relationship and things we’ve learned over the years. We’ve been together since college and he knows me better than any person in the world, including myself.

So for those of you who have not read it yet, here is original engagement announcement:

I’ve been waiting a week to post this because I wasn’t sure how to tell you guys. Most of you probably didn’t even know I was in a relationship because I’ve been very private about my life offline. But now, there are no more secrets.

He knew me and loved me before Blogilates ever existed. We dreamt together, built together, failed together, lost hope together, and found what we were desperately searching for in one another…together. We’ve been through so much and I 100% would NOT be who I am today without him.

I want you to meet my biggest supporter, my best friend, the man of my dreams, the man of my reality, the only one who can make me laugh within 5 minutes of a heated argument by putting on my favorite Disney songs and forcing me to dance with him…the amazing Sam.

That evening Sam told me we needed to go take Instagram pics at this cool cliff he found. So right before golden hour, I got ready, put on my new dress, and did my hair & makeup! Once he walked me to the edge of the cliff, he bent down to get his camera and said something along the lines of “Oops, I forgot my camera.” He was probably confused because all I said was “Oh ok!” (I don’t know, the scene was too pretty to get mad!)

Then…I saw a black box. And I was like ummmmmmmmmmmmmm. 😶😱😳😬 (Because we ALWAYS discuss everything and we definitely did NOT discuss what was about to happen!)

He got on one knee and asked “Will you marry me?” And all I could say was…”Wait, is this real?”, “You’re kidding right?”, “Hold on, this isn’t fake?!”

He was like, “NO CASSEY! THIS IS REAL!!!!”

And at that moment, I started crying, he slipped on the most beautiful ring I had ever seen, he turned me around, and I saw my sister and her boyfriend snapping pics and shooting video from behind a well positioned bush.

IT. WAS. UNREAL.

So there it is guys. I got engaged in Kauai to the love of my life. It feels like a dream but Sam reminds me that it’s definitely real. 😉 There’s so much more I want to tell you but Instagram won’t let me write more. 💕

My baby sister Jackelyn was taking pics the entire time! Her and her boyfriend Nick (we call him Nickles) were behind a literal fir fort being all sneaky. I HAD NO IDEA. LIKE ZERO IDEA. We had to go back to the scene of the event before we left Kauai to re-enact this photo for you guys so that you could appreciate the fir fort. LOOK:

I was CRYING once I realized Sam was asking me to marry him for real! Then Jackelyn and Nickles came over to hug us and we took some selfies on a cliff. In case you’re wondering, Sam proposed to me on Punahoa Point in Kauai. It was perfect. Just PERFECT.

Ah, and the ring. Want a closeup? Okay cuz I took a closeup to show y’all! I can’t stop looking at it! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! (Also thank goodness I got my nails done the week before!)

You know what’s funny?

LITERALLY a couple weeks ago before we went on vacation I told Sam that I hate rings, don’t get me a ring, and that our love does not need to be shown off by an overvalued rock. I said take the money and let’s start another venture instead! Hahaha.

Omg he must have been DYING inside because Sam and lil sis have been working so hard CUSTOM DESIGNING this ring just for me – in secret!

I remember a few months ago Jackelyn asked me if I HAD TO pick a ring what it would look like. I was like…ok fine, well if you force me then something that doesn’t look like a traditional wedding ring! 💍 I want it to look like a rose on a vine! 🌹 She was like…what!?!?

Well baby sis and fiancé, you guys knew me better than I knew myself because I DIDN’T KNOW that I could love a ring THIS MUCH. It is so beautiful and the fact that you guys designed it for me makes it even more special. What’s a Blogilates ring if it ain’t got some pink stones and a rose gold band!?!? 💕 You guys crushed it on the design!!!

Finally…for those of you wondering…how does being a fiancé feel different from being a girlfriend? 👫 Surprisingly it feels REALLY different! I feel like I’ve unlocked a new level of adulthood and am experiencing a heightened kind of love. Its so weird and magical! ✨ Eeeeeeeeee!!!

Now onto the wedding dress search! THIS IS GONNA BE FUN.



from Blogilates http://ift.tt/2wCwMQn

No comments:

Post a Comment