Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I'm ashamed of my secret weedkiller habit

If you want to get rid of a really stubborn weed you could use that dark magic known as glyphosate. But should Tom Smart feel so guilty about pulling out the spray bottle?

Recently, I’ve enjoyed reading Alys Fowler’s solutions on how to beat weeds. Like all gardeners, I love to see my garden storm into life in spring: you can almost hear the garden growing. Alliums, lupins, and columbines are all smiling into flower.

However, watching dandelions and couch grass jump through my borders can be frustrating. Weeds are the ninjas of the gardening world; they seem to appear overnight and without warning. Suddenly, they pull back their masks and they’re flowering and spreading seed everywhere. If you’re not careful, you’ll soon be surrounded.

Continue reading...

from Gardening blog | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2u9ykiy

No comments:

Post a Comment